Sunday, December 17, 2006

andito na si ate! Ü

my eldest sister arrived last tuesday night from the US to spend christmas here (will be flying back before new year). she's not the type who would bring home dozens of pasalubongs but she wouldn't refuse our pabilis, given that there's still space in her luggage.

last time she went home two years ago, i asked her to buy me my iRiver H340. i paid only half of the price, the other half was her birthday and christmas gift to me.

this year i asked her to buy me 5 books and Dishwalla's self titled album.

and yey, she got me all those!! (Dishwalla cd not in picture)


from left, below:

The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia McKillip
Nine Hundred Grandmothers by R.A. Lafferty
The Battle for the Castle & The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop
Noisy Outlaws, Unfriendly Bobs, and Some Other Things by Timothy McSweeney

yey yey yey! this is considered pabili. as pasalubong, she got me a really cool shirt. as xmas gift, we went to the mall this morning and told me she would pay for any item of clothing that i choose. yehey! sayang nga lang, i already bought what i'll be wearing for the xmas party. pero ok lang, i asked her to buy me another shirt! yehey! happy bunso, ngayon ko na feeling na spoiled brat ako! whee! Ü

speaking of books, CALLING ALL BOOKWORMS! check out this cool site: Library Thing. then check out its utility called the Unsuggester. it says how unlikely people who own one book will own another.

---***---

ate ces bought the new Sony Ericsson W710i this morning also. it's a great phone, though the picture quality is not that sharp, unlike the K series phones, or the Nokia phones. but she doesn't care, pang jogging nya yon eh! hehehe! Ü inggit! i want my Samsung D830 na! Ü

---***---

just got home this morning, around 5am, from HSBC's relief operations in Bicol. aching muscles, slightly sunburnt, no sleep for 2 days, sore from the 24 hour trip (12 hours to, 12 hours back)... but feeling very very fulfilled. more on that next time. i'm still woozy from lack of sleep. and besides, i'm still waiting for the official pictures. will just insert a pic that i took from my phone.

Timm, Nilo, and me by the majestic Mayon Volcano*

*many thanks to Rica for taking our pic. Ü

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dishwalla! Lucky girl! :D

And aw, a picture of the Mayon. I miss my family hometown, but I doubt I'll be able to go there anytime soon because of what happened.