Tuesday, December 12, 2006

taxi cabs, etc

finally done with my christmas shopping! even if it's a weekday and during work hours, malls are still crammed with shoppers! pare pareho ata kami naka leave. oh well! then i thought 4:30 pm was still early to easily get a cab, but wtf?! ang daming nagaabang, parang rush hour na! kenes! i got one at 6750, less people. which brings me to my next story...

---***---

on my way home from the mall, we're by the stoplight of Pasong Tamo-Vito Cruz Ext intersection. it's actually a fork, so if you're coming from Metropolitan Ave, "straight ahead" means you turn left less than 45 degrees. cab driver asked me: "ma'am, derecho po tayo sa kaliwa?" bwahahahaha! he couldn't have said it more clearly.

---***---

one favorite pastime, watch passing taxi cabs and make fun at their names. the owners' creativity in thinking up of such names is so astounding. taxi names such as "BARELY HERE..." then you'll see another taxi that says "BARELY THERE...". or you'll see "NOW" and "THEN" on separate occassions and places, and you'll wonder if it belongs to one company only. i haven't had the chance to take pictures of such taxi's since i don't own a digicam and my cam phone's pfft. but i captured one as i was on my way home one night...

idol na idol!!! raaakkk onnn!!

---***---

finally had my quarterly haircut at Fix in G2. i was chatting w/ plee thru text and i told her that the junior stylist coloring my hair is actually cute. he doesn't look or act gay, pero kung dingga man sya, sobrang hindi halata. i told plee he's like a 19 year old Ronan Keating na maliit. hahaha ayos! di ko na nakunan ng pic, dyahe eh.

---***---

hindi kami matalino sa math, galit kami sa math. at sa tagal na naming hindi napagdiskusyonan ang algebra at geometry sa buhay namin, eto ang kalalabasan ng chat namin:

me: ang right angle 90 degrees diba?
yagie:
oo.. ata

me:
hehehe ok.

yagie:
math yan eh!!

me:
pati ako nalilito na. hahaha!

yagie: eh ano yung 45 degrees?
yagie:
yun ba yung parang natutumbang letter L?

me:
ang 45 deg eh yung isang slice ng cake. hahaha!
yagie: ayun eh!!
yagie:
so ang 90 degrees eh parang 3:00 sa relo? tama ba?

me:
korek!

me:
ang kulet!

yagie:
panalo tayo sa visuals!!

me:
depende pa kung paano mag slice ng cake. baka kasi ang isang slice eh yung malaki noh!

me:
as in yung 90 deg slice ng cake!

yagie:
oo nga naman..


oo na, sorry na. simpleng tao lang na galit sa math...

---***---

i was watching Hyperspace with Sam Neill on Discovery Channel a while ago. i'm not sure if this was taught to us way back in high school, but i just learned that earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are the effects of the nearest black hole to us. creepy... wala lang... been watching too much tv these days. sinusulit ang bakasyon! i mean, i can't recall how many times i've watched reruns I,Robot at Star Movies since last week. oh well...

---***---

last funny pic...

bagong laba...

sana ang tunay na aso pwede na lang natin ilagay sa palanggana para matuyo pagkatapos paliguan noh? hehehe...

1 comment:

Haze said...

i post ko rin yung ym conversation natin sa blog ko ha? bwahahaha laugh trip to the next level to!! :D