Monday, April 21, 2008

mommy love

Yesterday, I was a child again.

I had a horrible, horrible weekend. Except for the hours I spent at Haze's house on Saturday, I was generally deflated. (Yes, Plee, you didn't know that. But thanks for keeping me sane. Someday you'll know.) I had to numb myself by drinking, and it did help me sleep effortlessly. But the numbness was gone when I woke up on Sunday morning, feeling the same dread I felt the day before. I went to mass alone, prayed to God to help me last the entire day.

Then Mom sent an sms. She told me they will go to Ate Ces and Joel's condo that afternoon because Joy Joy and her friend wanted to go swimming, and asked me if I wanted to go with them. Good, an opportunity to go out, so I said yes.

When we arrived and got ourselves settled, I just sat down, stared blankly into nothing, obviously depressed. Then Mom told me they brought me lunch. I was too sluggish to move so I said I'll eat later. So Mom and Yay started to unpack and set my lunch in front of me, complete with plate and utensils. Yay even poured me a cup of Coke with ice. I was equally surprised that they made my favorite lunch... sinigang na bangus... with 2 parts of fish! Ü

"O ayan, kain ka na," Mom said.

I had no appetite, but I ate with gusto. After the hearty meal, Mom offered the cupcakes I bought for them. Then she let me wander to get some fresh air. All that time, she never asked nor pried. She was just there for me.

They spoiled me that afternoon but... aaaahh happiness!

So it really is true after all... that mommies have this amazing "sixth sense." You don't tell them what's wrong, and yet they still know you need them. And they act without being asked.

And my Mom did one helluva good job. Her pampering made me feel so much better.

Thanks, Mom. =)

5 comments:

fcb said...

awwww...i hope you're ok. is this why you were debbie downer when i called you up last week?? sorry, so insensitive of me! thanks for helping me contact bri, though. he's in the states na. and speaking of parenting, he'll be a daddy soon! :D

c b y said...

hehe thanks kerol! =) and yeah, kaya ganun voice ko last week.

si bri dad na rin!! wooowww that's good news!! =) sayang i wasn't able to congratulate him when he was still here. coolness!

Haze said...

that's why... and yes i didn't pry because i sensed it too. i hope you're ok. we must be going through some rough patches lately... we'll get by. tayo pa?

i love you ple!! see you soon!

hugs!

c b y said...

I'd have to borrow your line: "As much as I would love to talk about it and shout it out to those who would listen without being judgmental. I simply can’t because, they will get judgmental."

Someday you'll know. Being with you really helped, it's my sanity break. =) Thanks so much! I love you, plee! =)

And yeah, we'll get by. =)

Haze said...

i guess this is the moment in our lives where we don't ask what but just be there the help each other out. i hope we do get to sort these out soon. we hate being in this state.

we need happy times. sometimes, happy foods just don't cut it when you're this down.

see you soon! i miss you ding! and if we do meet, we'll not talk about it. =)