Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a rant

Wow, it has been quite a while since I updated this blog. I'm sorry, a lot of things, complicated stuff, going on right now. I don't have the luxury of time, or even the energy or interest, to really "surf" the net.

My sister's getting married and moving out next month. Early this year, I also decided to move out of the house once she leaves, as initially suggested by my sister. So I started looking for my own place and fortunately, I found a good one, and can start moving in early next month. When I told my mom, she was obviously upset. I understand her worries as a mom. Anywhere in Manila is a dangerous place, living alone is a big risk to take. But I want to try to be independent now. And for reasons that only me and my sisters' know, moving out is a smart decision, even if it is a little risky.

Now I feel like I just told them the worst news they could possible hear ever. Na parang may nagawa akong masama na hindi na ako pwede mapatawad.

This too shall pass...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. *hug*

I can kinda relate. I wanna move out this year too. I've kind of been bringing it up with the 'rents for a while now, trying to get them used to the idea before I do it. My dad is so against it, but my mom is just like "You should do whatever you want." But being an only child I still feel guilty thinking that I'm going to leave them. Hay. :/

Haze said...

awww... parents will be parents but it's not reason to make you feel guilty or thinking you did a very bad thing. it's just wrong.

you'll get through this ple. i know you can. konting adjust na lang siguro. can't blame the rents too since, you are their bunso and the thought of all their kids living on their own just makes them feel sad and perhaps alone. ganun lang siguro ang reaction nila kasi di nila alam kung paano mag react.

i'm just here ok? so kelan ang house blessing? :) smile na ple.

fcb said...

or maybe you're just translating the worries into something that criticizes your decision. i dunno. relax! pag-aalala lang yan!

anyhoo...inom tayo sa new place mo!!!! wahahaha :)

chill!

c b y said...

thanks so much, friends! i really didn't want to blog about this, but I need your opinions.

I understand very well my parents' concern. Being paranoid myself, I know what they feel. Kumbaga, kung gusto mo why not, sobrang delikado nga lang.

I just feel sad lang kasi aside from feeling a little guilty that I will be leaving too, I don't know to convince them without sounding too eager to leave.

Anyhoo, tara, inom! hahaha!

fcb said...

I don't know to convince them without sounding too eager to leave. - just tell them it's something you want to conquer...spreading your wings, so to speak :) hindi kasi customary sa pinas that kids move out e..yun lang siguro yun :)

text ka lang kung kelan tayo iinom. tulungan kitang mag-decorate ng house :) yahoo!!!

oh btw...are you gonna have pets? *crossing fingers, wishing the answer is no...hahaha*

c b y said...

Sige, I'll let you know when. I'm starting to move my things already, so hopefully by end of next month I'm staying there na talaga hehehe!

And don't worry, no pets allowed. hahaha!

fcb said...

And don't worry, no pets allowed. hahaha! - YAHOO!!!! i can't wait :) lemme know if you need help moving stuff :)

mamanimax said...

reaction talaga nila yan sa empty nest syndrome, ding. Part of their job as parents is to worry. Hope by now oks na sila sa decision mo. Miss you ding!!!!